View Single Post
Old 2006-04-08, 15:05   Link #377
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk
Good Evening Nightwish.

I have a question. Is one allowed to take screenshots from licensed series? Chuixupu ( http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=10004&page=19 at the bottom of page) has pointed out that i'm not allowed to even though the rules do not specify. I'm i wrong in posting such content? I'll edit my post if it is.
Just need clarification on this ^-^; Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Hello Knight Hawk,

This basically comes back to the "no fansubs" rule that applies to the One Piece forum now the show is licensed. Like Bleach and Naruto these rules are a little tighter in the One Piece forum due to popularity. Anything related to fansubs is discouraged because it continues their promotion.

Normally screen shots would be fine, even if the show is licensed. It would just depend on the use and source. A screen shot of a DVD for illustration purposes would be fine. A screen shot of a fansub in the "new episode out" context is not. This is because it keeps the idea, that the fansub is being released, alive -- even if everyone knows they are still being made we don't allow any promotion.

Having said that we're not very strict about items loosely related to fansubs like that. We might remove the images if we see them, but you wouldn't be banned or anything, as you would with links to the fansubs, for example. In any case, thank you for removing the image(s).

Hope that makes sense?

~NightWish
AnimeSuki.com Administrator
Liked Nightwish's explanation better But yeah, i understand.