View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 18:39   Link #11825
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
You seem to be, people can overanalyze without noticing. It's definitely not unprecedented.
Well, I'm not overanalysing, just so you know. Though I wonder what gives you the impression I am.

Quote:
Because Kumagawa gave her no goal at all.

He just said "Humans have no goal/purpose".

Medaka, who was an impressionable child at the time and ripe age of 3, simply dismissed the fact that once again, she couldn't get a goal to strive towards.

Do remember, that's what she wanted as a kid. She was looking for a goal. Even hoping doctors could give it to her.
And why was someone like Medaka, who could not connect with humanity, looking for a goal in the first place? Why not go the Kumagawa route?

Quote:
I fail to see the relevance.

How does she like fightning her enemies mean that when she was 3 yeard old, she was already hopelessly in-love with humanity? Where's the connection?
Love requires reciprocation. It's because she seeks that reciprocation that she latched onto Zen's goal. That didn't work since people still didn't conect to her, so then she gravitated toward her enemies.

Quote:
"Love" in general.

Not an inherent love of all humans.

Medaka's genetic trait did eventually aid the construction of her love for humans, though, that much is clear.

Because when Zenkichi told her of her purpose, and she went on to fufill it, she grew to love the people she was around.

Your theory that she was unconditionally in love with humans at age 3 just isn't as likely. Remember that she even proposed to a single human, Zenkichi? When her love for all of humanity abstained her from seeking the wiles of Akune? That was after her experiences in helping people
Her genetic 'love' became a love of people because people rejected, so she sought their love. That's probably the most Plus thing about.

As for your Zenkichi example, when she proposed to him, she hadn't started helping people yet. As for Akune, at that point her ambition had already become distorted anyway.

Quote:
Sure, but I doubt people were thinking in those terms.

Bad/unlikeable character development is often worse than a stagnant character. At least for me.
Quite fine. If you think it's unlikeable and bad, fine. As I mentioned before, please don't treat it like a fact.

Quote:
You just have a bad habit of thinking that people are trying to disprove your opinion, that's all.

This is pointless.
I don't think 'people' do that. I think you have a habit of unfourtunate insinuations.

Quote:

The point of a subjective debate is understanding, not proving.

I'm explaining my reasoning to you so you could understand it. But it's clear that you see that as some sort of objective attack to your reasoning.

Please, stop that.
The two of us are having a, for lack of a better word, debate and you make an utterly off topic comment about me being overly emotional. This has no part in the debate, so I can only assume itmis an attack on my reasoning. Get it now.

Quote:
Well, I can link you to several Medaka Box discussion forums, but I doubt that would be relevant.

That's basically what I use as a form of observation. Most people have stated a dislike for the character. Just like many people have done the opposite.

Then again, that's just their personal opinion.
Exactly, forums are the worst to gauge things like popularity, thanks to phenomenons like vocal minorities.

Quote:
Refer to Lupus's post and your discussion with him.
OK.

Quote:
What?
Since you are clearly biased, your opinion is ineligible, got it now?

Quote:
I feel that is an integral part of my enjoyment of a character. Hence, I'll examine it.
As long as you don't paint it as objective fact.

Quote:
Well, that's what I'm lead to believe when you think all of my personal opinions are objective attacks to your's.
I don't think that, though again, the fact that you think that is interesting.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote