Thread: Licensed Elfen Lied
View Single Post
Old 2004-12-16, 06:01   Link #1072
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Well, the interesting thing is when you compare Nana to Lucy, they both got experimented upon and both went through some serious suffering. Licy started killing everyone off while Nana didn't I can't remember Nana hurting anybody throughout the anime. somehow I think this is trying to tell either one of two things : 1. If they have in such dire circomstances something to rely on (in essence her "father") they can keep their sanity OR 2. It could've been in Nana's character not to be violent even hough she herself didn't see anything else in her entire life.
well, I think Lucy has started killing everyone off before she got experimented upon. she kills people not out of revenge or self-defense, she kills people so the world can be cleansed of pests and she can have her own world. The only human being in this world that is not a pest to her is Kouta.

Of course what Lucy has done is reasonable, to diclonius at least. Just like we think that the slaughtering of pigs in slaughterhouse is fully understandable. And it's actually legal. There's no law saying non-humans cannot kill humans. She's a diclonius, she's not a homo sapien sapien, she's most likely a homo sapien superior. She's not insane, she's just not thinking in the homo sapien sapien way.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote