View Single Post
Old 2006-04-13, 18:10   Link #12
Thesinwithin
Undersea Lolcano

Send a message via AIM to Thesinwithin
Personally, I'd give the series an 8/10 because, although a great continuation of the things started in HiME, there were far too many plot holes left unfilled at the end of the storyline.

I did enjoy the early episodes for their slice-of-life-at-Galuderobe, not to mention their comedic value. Arika and Nina's excellant adventures were a real treat to watch.

At the same time, I really wish that Nagi's invasion of Windbloom had happened before episode seventeen. If there were, say, a few more episodes to flesh out the conflict, I have a feeling that the whole 'last dot-vs-dot' would have not seemed so much like a cop-out to me.

I found that the character development was lacking in some areas, but great in others. Nina, Arika and Maishiro were all well fleshed-out characters before the great Nagi (heh, I typed Negi there first... fufufufu) invasion. At the same time, I found myself annoyed at the way that some of the characters were introduced at the very end of the series. And that there was NO EXPLANATION for half of the things that happened in the series.

The main reason I watched this show after watching HiME was for the comedic element, and after that, the Shizuru and Natsuki relationship that to me, at least, seemed to be not as one-sided as it was in HiME. Unfortunatly, Teh Kurger is far too ... dumb for my taste. Natsuki should never be as... I hate to say it, stupid as she was for a good portion of the series. That was one of the major turn offs of the series for me.

Other than that, Maki Maki and Miyu's decent back into Fuuka made the show really worth it for me.

---

Overall - 8/10

Last edited by Thesinwithin; 2006-04-13 at 20:05.