View Single Post
Old 2008-11-05, 22:36   Link #1211
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, Diamond Crevasse is certainly up there, but my first impression of it is greatly affected by how it gets presented at the end of... what? Episode 7? I'm referring to the scene when the lights go out on the stage and the spotlight is on Sheryl. That's quite the special moment for the song.

As for Aimo OC, I only really like it during that scene when Ranka gets on the back seat and starts to sing while she's in the middle of the battle itself. The high of the song for me is it reaches the part where she goes, "Susume Frontier!" as fighters and Vajra battle on. I'm afraid I can't remember the episode number of this one..

But in the end, for me Diamond Crevasse is the song that encapsulates the series for me in the same the way Voices has for Macross Plus. Ironically, the uniqueness of Aimo amidst all the other songs comes across as an anomaly that I'm ambiguously drawn to, that I tend to associate it with the Vajra more than anything else.

Personally, it's as if the mood of the song is too mystical-ish or something. I don't even know which language it uses, if it's even an actual language at all.

But yes, Voices is still that song to beat in its respective category... at least for me anyway.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote