View Single Post
Old 2009-09-30, 22:55   Link #15
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Hm... I've gone through 2 other motherboards since my first motherboard replacement. Everytime I've brought the PC to the shop for a repair they say it was a motherboard failure, they never talk about the PSU or the CPU.

I just downloaded the CPUID Hardware Monitor and this is what I'm seeing:

Input Voltage to my UPS: 114 V

Voltages:
CPU VCore: 1.17 V Min / 1.28 V Max
VIN1: 1.87 V Min / 1.89 V Max
+3.3V: 3.22 V Min / 3.22 V Max
+5V: 4.87 V Min / 4.89 V Max
+12V: 12.10 V Min / 12.16 V Max
-12V: -5.57 V Min / -5.50 V Max
-5V: -4.93 V Min / -4.93 V Max
+5V VCCH: 4.76 V Min / 4.78 V Max
VBAT 3.06 V Min / 3.06 V Max

Are these values within acceptable limits? I noticed that my -12V isn't even anywhere close to -12 V, is this bad?

I don't know what keeps causing all my hardware problems, at first I thought I was getting dirty power from my outlet but now I'm not too sure. I have an APC UPS that still seems to be working and I've ordered a new one to handle more load.

Just to be clear, every time I've taken my PC in to be serviced it's because when I attempt to boot the PC, there is no video, no POST. Most of the time the HDD activity light stays lit (or never turns on). I have tried booting without the any HDDs connected, still no POST, I've tried booting without RAM in the slots, no beeping at all. I know my PC Speaker works because when I did boot properly I had a single beep, and when I had no RAM I would get one long beep.

Can anyone offer any insight? Am I just getting shitty motherboards? Maybe I have a ground fault of some sort?