Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-14, 09:26   Link #34
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A romance/drama show with some possible mystery ? Count me in - i am always up for such

Regarding the whole "It might turn out bad because it is a game adoption" ... i don't see where that is coming from, frankly. It is not exactly the first time this happens (), and most of the titles turn out pretty decent. Is there something specific about this title that would get in the way? For example - i hear a lot of worries about the upcoming Clannad adoption, because the story there, supposedly, is presented in a way that would be hard to carry over to the screen. Does this title has similar difficulties?

If not, i don't see the source of the worries. I don't see the fact that a game is the source material as a problem. Some of such titles rank fairly highly on my personal list (Lamune / Da Capo / Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~), and one is among my top10 favorites (Canvas 2). Sure, there is the usual worry of interweaving several story paths, but this problem is not exactly exclusive to this upcoming anime alone, and has been dealt with in the past.

I see Wind was mentioned... frankly - i enjoyed the game quite a bit. Sure, the anime fell short compared to it (Mind you, i hate doing such comparisons), but i attribute it to the fact that it had only 12episodes (+4 DVD only), each episode being only ~13 min long. As such there is little surprise they were unable to squeeze in everything to a satisfying degree.

As far as inserting anime-only scenes/moments... personally, i have never given a flying rat's arse about things like faithfulness to the source material, regardless what that material might be. These are different mediums, and if you are expecting to see a clone of the original material, you are already setting yourself up for a disappointment. I never understood why people expect things to be exactly the same, but that is just me. (And then we have things like Death Note, where people have been known to drop the series "because it is the same thing anyways" )

In short - looking towards this one!

*runs of to search for some videos or anything of the like*