View Single Post
Old 2011-05-29, 09:44   Link #4342
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
This thought just sprang my mind upon seeing the tag "harem" here. I have never considered Kami Nomi to be a harem manga, despite Keima capturing more girls than there are in a regular harem in manga/anime. It's because Keima is not interested - subject to change - in any of them. Up to a recent point, you could brush off this discussion saying that he didn't have a harem as the girls lost the memory of the important events, but now he has clearly built a harem, consisting of 5 girls at the moment. Still, would you call it a harem? It defies the whole purpose and the main premise of a harem, in my opinion.
it is harem, because after all, he got more intimate with more girls than some of the other so-called harem series. in my book, the only requirement is multiple love-interests regardless of if it is one-way or two-way.

sometimes down the road, he may have develop real interests in one or more of them. as we could tell he was sort of disappointed when he found out ayumi lost the memory of conquest.

maybe he's got a goddess/god in his heart or... even an undetectable super weiss inside... who knows.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote