Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 10:36   Link #1950
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
on the subject of sales sicne it is in thid place this season can't we say that a second season is assured due to the small difference of sales between it and hyouka or is hyouka selling really bad ( becasue nyaruko is in second)?
AKB00048 had decent sales, that would likely mean a second season would be okay. I guess the reason everyone seems a bit down with it is that while it's decent, it's nowhere the level of the really big sellers. Also some people may have been expecting it to sell on the level the real AKB sells.

To get an insight on disk sales, somewhere before in this thread SeijiSensei posted this article about sales numbers. According to it AKB0048 would be around this:
Quote:
5001~7000
The point where a second season looks likely, and a reasonable number of discs one can hope to sell. Producers seem to begin to be praised at this point.
7001~9000
Impressive sales, favorites that can easily be called “hits.”
By the way, now that we know Tsubasa was the 7th Mariko-sama we have confirmation she is the Mariko-sama on the Episode 0 manga. I already suspected that but the very different art style made me wonder if it was really her. XD