View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 04:57   Link #209
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I liked the ending, but I would have loved a more clear indication that Akane was spearheading some real change. A few episodes ago, all of Section 1 looked like real badasses, staging a quiet revolt, and undermining the real intent of Sibyl's authority while still outwardly working within the system. I wanted to see that spirit of that chess game continue, and we only got a vague indication that it would.
This was clearly never the intention of the series. It was something that was teased and hinted at but never got the screen time to be something that was ultimately aimed for.

Honestly, I think this is one of the better anime endings I've seen in a long time simply because they decided that once Makishima was dealt with, things are just "business as usual." It's realistic, and it fits with the rest of the series quite well. There was never supposed to be a big happy ending where everything works out well in the end.

Things just sort of happened, and in the end there were a couple victories and a couple defeats. No big tale of epic conquest or complete societal change. Just another chapter in the life of some law enforcers. You rarely get to see things just go back to "normal" at the end. I wish that we got it more often.

Also, Akane was a true badass in this episode and I'm going to fondly remember her as a precedent to female MCs.