View Single Post
Old 2008-10-29, 07:13   Link #10
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Praviron aren't Natural Espada, Praviron are any ex-Espada who got his/her seat taken. Grimmjow (who is Hougyoku 'created') was a Praviron when Luppi took his place.

I think I rememberd Noi to be Ranked 8 when he and whats-his-name ambushed Nel. He moved up either by getting stronger or ranks 6 and 7 got dumped and there was no-one stronger to replace him.

I think Aizen had already set the Espada up when he was a Captain/during his 'death'. Back then, he was collecting the top ten Natural Arrancar, and when he stumbled upon another who's stronger than, say, 8, but weaker than 7, said Arrancar would become the new 8 and the previous one will be pushed to 9, 9 to 10, and 10 would become a Praviron. When he got the Hougyoku, the new Arrancar entered the ranks the same way, pushing weaker ones down making another into a Praviron in the process, provided all 10 slots are full.

So Nel would probably a Natural Arrancar Espada, who while in her prime got ambushed by Noi and Syazel (oh yea...) and dropped off the list. Because there was a space, everyone below 3 moved up one, and I guess Noi had to work for the remaining ranks. That might mean Szayel was the most powerful Numero at that time and got the rank of 10 when Nel was defeated. He then worked his way up to 8. Makes sense, both him and Noi moved up 2 ranks since then.