View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 14:10   Link #82
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I have to say, this ep. would've gotten a 7 from me had it not been for that last bit at the end of the episode with Yui bearing a expression of relief, shedding a tear. That was the cherry on top in my opinion. I liked that someone on a previous post also mentioned before that in ep. 2 Yui swore to herself that she would never cry again, that really says something about what was going through her head then as opposed to now with Yuuya's success in testing the weapon. 8/10!

It seems like the new weapon can make a single TSF pilot a one man army against the hordes of BETA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
From what I've heard they didn't receive much budget for this.
Hopefully the Blu-rays will have redone scenes, there's a lot that could actually use some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Really. That was something that really stood out

Except that, I really enjoyed the episode, nice balance of action, technical stuffs and Yui/Yuuya interactions. Nothing felt out of place. A bit lovey-dovey in the end with each other for that context, but it was really nice. Even if I didn't get what they intended to do with Yui's face while hearing Yuuya thanking her. She at first seemed to be depressed/offended instead of being proud of her work (despite whatever Yuuya could have said her just one second later).

Maybe Yui is just happy on the inside that Yuuya is finally acknowledging her, perhaps in more ways than one. I think that's one of the most important things in building a relationship between pilots/officers/superiors. Also, before, Yuuya had been adamant about the Japanese and especially Yui given her background. In this ep., he actually credited Yui and the Japanese for the reason why the mission was a success. That part probably surprised her too. Ultimately, in the end, I think Yui was just relieved that Yuuya was safe, and happy that mostly everything worked out with the test weapon, and that there wasn't a disastrous slaughter.

Last edited by greensoulreaper; 2012-08-27 at 14:28.