View Single Post
Old 2013-01-22, 11:26   Link #73
madmac

Quote:
Oh, and about the studio: The JC Staff conversion of the second season was exemplary and the best HnG run we had so far. I'd love to see them return. Unfortunately. I'm afraid we'll get more Manglobe putzing around, and I have no idea why.
Eh, Second Season was good and all, but people put it on a pedestal too much these days. It was a pretty straightforward adaptation with slightly higher then normal animation quality, exactly like 80% of what JC Staff puts out. It really wasn't anything special and took a good while to find it's footing in terms of comedic timing and such. I think I can honestly say I liked the Second Season better while thinking the First Season was more of an achievement in a lot of ways.

Mangoble is a much less conventional studio, for good and bad. Shonen Sunday is sticking with them because they're doing basically all of their adaptions these days, with very mixed results. CTMEOY had some very good moments, along with a lot of...

Whatever the next season is, it would have had to been in production while CTMEOY was airing and in planning before that. It will almost certainly be Manglobe, but the staff might (hopefully) be better. CTMEOY had a lot of rookies attached to it for some reason, including a first time director (With a history of weird character designs, apparently.) and a dreadful writer. If we're lucky the new season will have been give to a more experienced team. Manglobe certainly has enough of them around.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote