View Single Post
Old 2007-03-25, 19:45   Link #668
Asphyxiate
Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageitenshi View Post
Still, adding to Lost's statement, I'll maintain that there's a profound and well planned basis for the dolls' personalities and given traits in the way that their RMs are supposed to eventually become one, one way or another, to at least theoretically form Alice. No reason to believe or to assume that Rozen himself had planned everything from Gin x Shinku malice to Bara encounter. But it is safe to assume that he had indeed designed the dolls to have a certain "purpose" and their personality traits to fit it. Hence the outcome, though I still don't believe under these circumstances that he could have done anything to intervene with the dolls being hurt by each other and by Enju / Bara / Laplace trio.

I think that > something went wrong that wasn't planned for < Maybe it was Enju who wanted to play time in order to get Bara ready in order to show off. Maybe it was Shirosaki, who just wanted to play around with those foolish enough to step into his domain - the N-Fields, that is, if they are his to fool around with. Quite obviously, if Rozen was indeed such a bastard as some people make of him, he'd have just gone over the things the easy way and have the dolls beat each other up without a second thought to begin with a couple hundred years back, instead of ending up telling "there's another way"?! He's no sadist, or so it would seem... Maybe everything isn't quite that black and white...
This is probably straying off topic, however...

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel as though Enju was originally meant to be Rozen and he was indeed supposed to be a sadistic father...but that at the last moment the plot got changed. The last episode of Traumend was very jarring continuality wise. Honestly it left me going 'wtf just happened?' I was expecting some sort of giant epiphany and something along the lines of the scenes in the OP to happen. Of course that would have been an emotionally depressing conclusion, but the way that they suddenly revealed that Enju was not Rozen and ending the season without a question was just...ionno. Some major plot points bothered me.

Oh well...ShinkuxSuigintou ftw - I loved Overture so much. The OP, along with everything else, was amazingly beautiful. Needs moar third season.

My apologies if this has been brought up before...I only got into this series a few months back during a coincidental lapse in my interest in Type Moon, the series currently airing, and school work. I lack sensibility at times (along with the time to read everything in this section...though it's tempting).
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote