Thread: Licensed Gunslinger Girl discussion
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-10, 22:16   Link #37
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
--Relentless

Only two compiled volumes: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...562673-3309959

But, there is more being made. On Aida Yu's website:
コミック「電撃大王」にて「GUNSLINGER GIRL」を連載中9/20発売11月号に第14話が掲載されました。

14 chapters so far, 13-episode series... I guess they could merge chapters together to fit the whole story in 13 episodes. Or do a Gainax and make up an ending...
Ah, thank you. Although I don't know if it's a relief since the anime is going to be 13 episodes anyways

As much as I'd like a second season and more, I don't believe it's or it'll be popular enough. But Divergence Eve got a second season, so who knows

The two compiled volumes could be made into 10 or 11 episodes (chapters 10-11 are rather short). They're stand alone stories, no major arch or overarching plot. Then in the last couple of episodes they would probably make up an ending. I hope it's at least decent. There was a time when almost all anime told a complete story, with a satisfying ending. But then, most series were 50+ episodes.

We only need about 2-3 chapters more and there'll be another volume. One's hoping it'll have Triela on the cover

As I said earlier, I'll be happy with a faithful manga adaptation. I'm clawing at the wall waiting for episode 4 since it *should* adapt chapter 3, followed by chapter 6. I have great fondness for Triela, and the firing range scene is amusing (yet still full of tragic undertones). Chapter 8 is my all time favorite, tho. It's going to be very beautiful.

In the old forum, it was said that Triela had a rifle, a German-made G3?

With no new material, I'm poring at episode 3, and these caught my eye:

Rico is waay too bad a shot with the Galil at the firing range considering that she's the team's sniper and has been at least two years "working" for the organization, don't you think?

Also at the firing range, Hilscher's instructions to Triela seemed really basic, did he think it was her first time shooting?

Regarding the organization's amazing tactical prowess, did those clowns really, really believe they were going to fool anybody disguising little girls as maids? Sure, posh hotels hire elemental schoolers all time. Italy must have some weird Children's Labor laws, huh?

This made me speculate (an idle mind is a scary thing!) about the girls age:

We know Claes was at least 10 y-o before being taken in by the organization. Claes look about the same age as Rico, maybe a bit younger. We know Rico was taken in two years ago. In the violin scene, Rico and Henrietta were the same height, but in the manga Rico is taller. Angelica is taller than Henrietta too, but just slightly.

So I think Henrietta is about 8 (like Rico when she was taken in). Angelica should be just a little older, let's say 9. Claes may be 10 or 11, and Rico should be 10 or 11 too. Triela is the tallest and eldest, she should be 12 or 13 max. since it's pretty obvious all the girls are pre-pubescent.

So let's let this sink in for a bit: there's a secret organization doing political assasinations with brainwashed abandoned little girls aged from 8 to 12. I say the bastiches must be rounded up, stabbed in the gut with blunt rusted instruments and left to be eaten alive by African giant ants

Finally, I'm pretty sure GSG is set in the immediate present. Check the newspaper page the guy in front of Hilscher is reading in the hotel's lobby (0h18m18s). It says "Barcellona k.o. Ciao Van Gaal". Van Gaal was famous soccer club Barcelona FBC's coach and left around May 2003. Pretty neat, using real news

Last edited by Relentless; 2003-11-10 at 23:15.
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote