View Single Post
Old 2024-03-10, 07:41   Link #1176
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Ubel said herself that she wouldn't be a match for Wirbel or Denken. She may be a lot of things, but she's not a liar. In fact, she's been pretty honest about what she wants.
Just because she's been honest with Land about what she wants doesn't mean she never lies. She did a pretty good job manipulating him into saving her against her clone.

There's a third test, it makes sense she'd want to keep some secrets or lie about her true abilities since there's a chance they may get pitted against each other next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Having a lot of spells doesn't necessarily make you stronger. There's a reason Frieren forced Fern to only use Zoltraak in a fight. And Frieren herself doesn't use many spell in battle. The anime added a lot of stuff in the fight against the Frieren clone but Frieren actually only used three offensive spells: Zoltraak, Judradjim and Vollzanbel.

Besides, I don't think Ubel has any other useful offensive spells anyway. She started using Solganiel as soon as she learned it. If she had other useful shit, she would have used it.
Having more spells gives you more options. They described magic battles as a game of rock paper scissors in this episode. Having all three would be highly beneficial.

I'm not saying Übel could beat them all for sure. I'm saying we just don't know and we can't take her words at face value. It could be she's only as strong as she's been presented, or she could be stronger. Again, we don't know.

I mean, the main character of this show is constantly suppressing her real power level so her enemies underestimate her. Why can't others do something similar?