View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 16:33   Link #306
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I can't refute your other example (although I also don't remember Chiaki mentioning it), but for the beach scene the series indicated that it didn't occur outside of Yomiyama. They stated that the student's family reported that he had seemingly fallen down the stairs and hit something - presumably his head - before he left to join the group. Autopsy results indicated that the student had suffered intracranial bleeding, and that he was actually killed by that (or inadvertently lost conscious and drowned due to it), even before the boat hit him. So, even though his death occurred outside of Yomiyama, the event that triggered his death occurred in Yomiyama.
I believe they said that to confuse people.
While the initial cause was indeed in the town, the progress was not.

Not leaving the village would have saved his life for sure because his parents would have taken him to a doctor. And Reiko would have done the same, if it wasn't for their dinner, as part of it was fish, which can easily make people puke if not entirely fresh(remember she brought some extra ingredients).

Everyone else having died did so instantly btw.

As for the first example: It is possible that he only said that in the mange and I confused it into the anime. Said scene however was a hint that the phenomenon can happen outside of town too though so the logical conclusion is that it wanders with its cause.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.