Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Bad wolf

I would recommend to take a look at this website
http://macross.anime.net/wiki/VF-25_Messiah...it's very detailed
tho I have no idea why it is so detailed (maybe they make it up a little bit?? I don't know lol)

As for the gun, I would think VF-25's gun pods are firing solid round in the beginning, and they either upgrade the bullet or upgrade the gun to the energy gun similar to VF-27 in the middle of the series..hope some experts could answer this question in a more professional way
The VF-25 remains using the same 58mm KE gatling gunpod throughout the series, but the shells are changed and upgraded throughout the series. It starts off using presumably SAPHEI shells (or a mix of AP and HE like what the USAF & USN used to do), which are then upgraded to shells that penetrate Vajra armor better, before finally getting to to MDE shells at the end of the series.

Solid shell gatlings have remained the mainstay of the UN Spacy's valkyries for one key reasons: Rate of Fire. Simply, KE gatlings have a higher rate of fire than enegry guns; while the VF-27's beam rifle has a rather respectable rate of fire for an energy weapon, the VF-25 still outstrips it in one crucial way: each glowing shot fired by a VF-25 is a tracer shell. With the assumption that the VF-25 uses the standard US mix of 1:4 (1 tracer for every 4 live shells), the VF-25 is thus putting out a higher rate of fire compared to the Quead-Rea or the VF-27. (The figures become much worse if one recalls that Kawamori is a great Tomcat fan, and that Cold War tomcats used mixes of 1:7.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote