Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-02, 04:26   Link #2945
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
To episode 5

Well I enjoyed little Rimone's story of overcoming her previous tragedy the one time she took her own initiative.

I'm feeling sympathetic to the poor Argentum guys, suffering terribly and striving so hard to make their miserable lives a little better while the Sky Priestesses just cruise around on their luxury liner eating desserts in the ballroom and don't deign to venture out if they're not in a good mood that day.

I like the idea of the power of sacred geometry, but I hope these guys get over their religiousity and figure out that they're in a life and death struggle, not a prayer meeting. "God helps those who help themselves."

Maybe it could even occur to them that they might actually HELP the poor sods they share the planet with rather than keep them away from the "sacred artifacts" they were just lucky enough to find first. I'm hoping somebody might even get out of the pulpit long enough to open up one of the helical engines so we can discover how it really works.

But it's an interesting study in comparative social development. It reminds me of Lost Exile, but the bad guys there are apparently the good guys here. Maybe this is how the Guild got started on their evil path. But it's early yet. Anything could happen.

The worst offender to me is the noble Shibyura Aurea, Nebireru, who whilst having aquamarine eyes to die for, had best get her head out of her butt and do something besides take strolls in the gardens with her two little ladies-in-waiting. I'm sure she has her own issues, but people are dying while she mulls over her personal problems. How about a little noblesse oblige here?

I think the backgrounds are pastels, not watercolors.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-09-02 at 04:38.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote