View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 23:10   Link #23562
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Could Ronove do the same thing? Alternately, could Virgilia do all the things Ronove does? If so, you can cut one of them with little to no effect.
You're right. They're different enough in EP3, though, is the thing. And apparently it's the best Ryukishi can be satisfied with that episode after many revisions, so I'll let him have these two characters.

Quote:
I still think the biggest flaw was that Ryűkishi was actually playing a game with the readers. He might have kept the core story intact, but it really showed in terms of character development. Sometimes I wonder how it would have developed if he hadn't cared for this as a battle of wits at all.
The game thing was really the best part of Umineko. The thing is he didn't follow through on it like a total puss.

Quote:
Wow, I didn't think you guys disliked certain parts of the Meta World, I liked every part of it, and there were times where I was thinking ''Get on with it, I want to see some red and blue fights!'', I also liked the development even though most of it was pointless, like Goat-Kun.
I loved it all too, but...he really did a bad job with it on a technical level.

Quote:
I don't remember him needing permission to do this.
Readers don't take retcons very well. You can fuck with your story but don't expect the other players to stay.

Quote:
It was agreed on beforehand that the condition for Erika having those seals, that she would tell BATTLER ''as soon'' as she placed them, and then she literally goes ''I know I was supposed to tell you earlier, but it slipped my mind, oops, sorry! That wouldn't.....well...I was just wondering if the tale would be a little different had you known that....''
She never agreed to inform him ASAP, technically. Only that she WOULD at some point.

Quote:
That was such bs, Erika should have been able to be a bitch without doing this, when you show that you're willing to go so far to break rules and honor to troll, you're not a very good troll.
Her intention was to break the game from the start.