Old 2007-12-13, 20:45   Link #65
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I don't see why everybody thinks Micha Bay sucks so bad? Transformers was a good movie, and its cash rake-in supports such. A friend of mine, who is horridly criticizing of this kind of thing, went to see the movie three times in theaters. This is a guy who I couldn't even get to laugh or even grin at the Lafina bunny costume scene in the final episode of SRW OG DW. >.>

While the Transformers CG may have been a little needlessly complex, it gave it a more modern feel to it. As for how well he'd do on characters, is there any way to get 50-episode-good character development into a 2-hour+ movie? I seriously doubt it.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the Transformers movie. Not as much as the animated '86 one, but that's neither here nor there. Michael Bay just isn't that good of a director. With Transformers, he got a lucky break, but I never really enjoyed any of his other movies. The reason I wouldn't want him making Gundam is because Gundam is just as much about character development as it is about combat. In Transformers, Bay had so many characters put in throughout the entire film that only a handful of them had any development whatsoever, and the rest just kind of seemed to be there to move the story along. I just don't want to take that risk with Gundam.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote