View Single Post
Old 2009-04-21, 03:27   Link #482
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraame View Post
I think connecting the two events is a big jump to make at this point and is circumstantial at best without any further elaboration from Kubo. I thought that Isshin didn't reveal his shinigami nature at the graveyard because he knew that Ichigo was there, thus a shinigami was there to take care of it. It's more questionable why Isshin didn't become a shinigami the first day when Ichigo met Rukia. His family was obviously in danger and Rukia still hadn't shown up. And he was shown bleeding on the floor too. Was he just rusty from not using his powers for so long? But I think being rusty wouldn't stop him if his daughters' souls were going to eaten.

Also the amulet was given to protect Kon and not Ichigo's body, just wanted to point that out. Isshin also gives the amulet back to Kon. If his powers were sealed in the amulet then it would be useless now that Isshin has regained his shinigami form and thus would offer no further protection. Why give it back if it doesn't have any more power in it?
It's quite clear that
A) Isshin's powers were sealed until recently, Isshin regeted not being able to help his wife.
B) Urahara is the had something to do with both the sealing and unsealing of his powers. As Urahara was afraid he would be blamed if Isshin ended up weaker then he use to be.
C) the charm seems to be nothing more then a ward. most likely both protecting Kon and alerting Isshin that he is in danger. Also It is highly unlikely the charm had anything to do with Isshin regaining his powers since he threw it at GF to protect Kon while already in his shinigami form and reminded him that he needed to take it everywhere.

Theory: Isshin was in the same type of power draining body that rukia was in and only within the time frame shortly after he was attacked in the first chapter swiched out of it and it had taken 3-4 months for him to be back at full power.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.