View Single Post
Old 2009-01-26, 19:10   Link #215
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Not often I get called 'my dear' by a Dean - or by a dean, for that matter...

...but anyway.
See? It's your lucky day.
Quote:
One idea I had was to try and see about looking at what Nena got up to in the time between the two series - though part of that was to do with finding an excuse to have that Turbulenz pack attached to her Throne Drei, if only for a short time.
Possible, but ask yourself: what could you really do? Nena works for Wang Liu Mei: Wang Liu Mei is playing for the Innovators, and the Innovators have been unifying the world in the absence of CB. If Nena and a Gundam shows up and starts blowing stuff up, it would make quite a disturbance that was never suggested in the show itself.
Quote:
Another is a bit of a less serious AU take on the setting, in which a certain maverick pilot would be among the first to encounter a (Mi)Gadessa up close - and soon gets sent to a programme for elite pilots, in which he tries to prove himself the best of the best...

...when he's not trying his luck with a new instructor he wants to lock on to.

No prizes for guessing what the name of that particular fic would be!
No clue, 'cause I can't tell who you're referring to!

A maverick is someone independent in behavior and thought, which crosses out Patrick (hardly one to go against the crowd: he relishes the crowd to much) and Sergei (hardly one to defy convention). That really leaves Graham and Ali, both unconventional and who both come to be lone flyers. Neither one of whom lends themselves to romance.

But it sounds interesting!

Quote:
But, the idea which may be most likely is something I might steer one of my ongoing works into exploring - or, at least, exploring a slightly AU take on - the dawn of Celestial Being itself...
That sounds interesting too, in a different way. I don't think anyone's written on it at FFN, so there's novelty attention there.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote