Thread: College life
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-21, 15:56   Link #20
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Sanjuronord, you're scaring me . Are there that many retards in college? I thought college was a suppose to be a place of intellectuals and hard workers... . I'm also going off to college very soon this september, well not exactly college, an university. UBC to be exact. Wall putty eh...you don't say...well thanks for the tips.
It'll depend on the college/University really, the ones that are harder to get in will yield you a better percentage. I went to a public university though so quite the opposite. Basically since college has become more of a requirement in employment, colleges have "lowerd the bar" to enroll more people *(ie make more money). Unfortunately this applies to the quality of the education as well as it has gotten to the point where the requirements to get ahead have been drastically lowered to allow more people to pass. When I started my CSC major in college, it was required to take a physics class, 2 semesters of calculus and a matrix theory class, over the course of four years they've dropped all of that and split some other 1 semester classes into 2 semester classes. It just serves to cheapen the whole experience to me though, makes me think less of the degree overall. But, I'm something of a pessimist so don't take my word for it. Might be totally different where you're going or for your major.

more to toss on the list too:
- An "assload" of quarters for those damn laundry machines which will cost an arm and a leg and barely wash anything. Save every quarter you find for laundry, you'll need em. Or you can just drive home and do it at home if you're close enough. I actually could save money driving home for a weekend vs just doing the laundry at college, it's pitiful really. This a pretty important one for me cause it tended to be the most annoying when i would forget it. Something so unusually difficult about acquiring quarters for laundry at college....
- Jaz already mentioned the booze, so you might want the "unmarked container" or whatever that silly rule is. (Important point, just cause you're drinking out of the "unmarked container" don't leave the original bottle lying in plain site...some retards next door to me got busted 3 am one morning for that. Pitiful trying to hear them drunkingly explain that the RA couldn't prove there had ever been tequila in that tequila bottle or whatever they were drinking)
- A spare blanket, same concept as the last one but there was some rule at my university about during breaks when they check rooms they couldn't look under anything covered with a blanket. Good for hiding anything in your room that you're not allowed to have *b4 thanksgiving, xmas, spring break). You're bound to have something.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote