View Single Post
Old 2012-09-13, 10:39   Link #52
zRichard

I'll paste a theory I came up with and posted somewhere else.

Context reminder: Game-changing weapon prototype was given to the small time princess UN officer to test in the Russian frontlines. That weapon belongs to the Japanese Imperial Army, NOT the UN Army.

Thoughts and Clues:

- The Japanese Goverment agreed that the trials took place at Kamchatka (EP8). "Why" can be either a plot-hole or a plot-point. This is fishy. Yui, as a developer, was against this. What do they gain by taking this big risk?

- BETA attacked from underground not too long ago. Soviets should have filled those holes, but didn’t. That's why this new attack was unnoticed due to the lack of tremors. How did they time the BETA invasion that well (while the whole flight was testing) is a big mystery here. I hope it will be addressed in the following episode, because the fact that you can't predict BETA behavior is a core concept in MuvLuv.

- They hid the information about the last attack from the Argos flight and all this implies that they knew that Takamura was bringing the Imperial Army prototype cannon to their base a long time ago.

- Now who leaked that info? Cryska/Inia/Yuuya being Russian spies is an previously discarded nonsense. Then, what if someone from the inside Imperial Army wanted the trials to go wrong? We only know Takamura's uncle (Iwata). He's a high ranking official in the Imperial Army Ministry of Technology. If I remember correctly, he was the one that encouraged Yui to take on this task. How involved is him on this ploy? If it wasn’t him, then who?

- And finally, a big clue: The PROMINENCE project leader asked for all the Argos flight to be deployed for this test. That puts him on a bad light because it is now extremely convenient for the Russians that the Shirnaui 2nd is too far from the base. This is what leaves no other option but to leave the weapon there.

In the end, it seems that UN higher ups don’t want Japan to get so strong and are working along the Russians and someone from the Imperial Army for this. Arghos flight is just a pawn and knew nothing (this includes Dhal/Kiritsugu). Latrova's unit seems to be the Russian's sacrifice for this to work out.

If this is true, I wonder what is going through that woman's head right now? What will Latrova do next week after talking about being blind to the big picture?