View Single Post
Old 2013-08-03, 13:24   Link #32649
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
IIRC, they were both shot in the forehead in a way that would have been impossible to do from the window, so the key Battler found must have been a fake with the label from the real one attached. He never bothered to check it because he had already destroyed the door.

The way the scene probably played out was:
1. Yasu goes to the shed and has Kumasawa and Gohda, who still think they're playing a game, pass her the key.
2. She helps them set up fake nooses.
3. Under the guise of checking how the scene looks from the door, she fetches a gun she had stashed outside and shoots both of them.
4. She puts the real key's tag on a fake key and plants the fake in Gohda's pocket.
5. She relocks the door from the outside with the real key and leaves.

Depending on George's level of accompliceness, if she had George palm the real key after he locked the shed, she could have gotten it from him instead, but that's just an unnecessary extra level of complexity.
There was, in an Agatha Christie's book if I'm not wrong, a trick that involved using a thin, long thread, of the type used for sewing. With a neddle you have it pass through the poket, then put both sides of the thread out of the window. Close everything with the key, go to the window, tie the key in a certain way to the thread then pull one head of the thread, causing the key to be pulled by the other at which it's attached. The key will end up in the poket then you'll pull the thread harder and it'll break. Since it's tied to the key in a certain way, no part of it will remain unlatched to the key but they both will be retrieved.

Sorry if I explained it poorly, I lack the English ability to make it clearer but in the book the trick worked and wasn't Yasu an Agatha Christie's reader?

This way she could have said in red the key was the right one.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote