View Single Post
Old 2004-04-13, 01:21   Link #179
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I don't like Ayase's voice actress all that much... the voice is fine, but I don't think the tone quite fits the part. Nothing to cry home about, though.

*finally got a chance to watch the [^_^] version of episode 2*
It's much better than the rubbish they released as episode 1. No blatant translation errors or missed phrases. Some wording I would have changed, and the style isn't my favorite (I believe in leaving the name suffixes like kun and san in... or at least give the english derivative, I mean, they DO mean something, ya know), but the translation is accurate minus those small qualms, so I have no mean remarks for them this week. As for the technical side, the song translation lacks karaoke (got a translation this time, though) and there isn't any of the now common 'changing text color based on situation or character' things that we see in the newest generation of subs. Personally, I like the little touches groups put into their work, but I wouldn't count off for not doing it as it's really just a personal preference. And that's my 2 cents~

I haven't had time to watch Seichi's ep 2 yet, but I assume it's of the same quality as what they released for ep 1. I'd be surprised if it wasn't...
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote