Thread: Crunchyroll White Album 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-31, 13:24   Link #575
Frontier

I really enjoyed episode 4 .

Honestly, if I had to work with Kazusa when she was dressed like that, I highly doubt I could concentrate at all. You're a lucky man Haruki !

I thought there were some great humorous moments, from Takeya's reactions, Haruki walking in on Kazusa, and Kazusa being unable to hold it in after watching the "Sound of Destiny" video .

My respect for Takeya has shot up quite a bit after this episode, especially since he's proving to not be just the traditional "bromantic foil." He's removed from the main performance, despite being the head of the club, and still makes a decent backtrack for the group. He's also proving to be a good friend to Haruki, trying to help ensure that his friends true dream gets fulfilled in some way. And he's slowly realizing where things are headed for our trio's relationship, which will likely be very important further into the series.

Things do seem to be favoring Kazusa in terms of the triangle, though that may be a result of episodes one and two being Setsuna focused, so three and four are meant to balance it out by focusing primarily on Kazusa.

Still, I feel that Haruki has been far more attentive to Kazusa in these two episodes than he has ever been with Setsuna, and seems far more enthralled with the former than the latter. It makes me feel bad for Setsuna considering how hard she's trying with Haruki, especially when it looks like she's really fallen for him .

Then again, I concur that it seems a little too obvious that Haruki will choose Kazusa, so I'm interested to see where things go from here. Setsuna appears to have caught on to Haruki's "sessions" with Kazusa, so I could see her trying harder to appeal to him and that balancing things out.

As for the fanservice, I don't have a problem with it. Compared to most anime, I think it's pretty darn tame, and so far it doesn't feel like we've lost anything storywise because of it. And isn't the scene with Kazusa in the game? I know it's in the games opening...

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-31 at 17:16.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote