View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 14:59   Link #29104
Uberzaki

@Usagi
Sadly, The people who are most disappointed by the answer are the ones who desperately want a clear answer and therefore discuss this within the speculations thread.

I love Umineko for many of the things it has done, but when a particular thing doesn't make as much sense as we desire we tend to rationalise it as much as we can (just like Battler) even when said rationalising doesn't make us happier.

And when one spends around a hundred hours on a series, they expect an answer with a fair amount of detail. I think about Umineko almost every day, I believe most of the people who post (or just watch) on this thread do the same, I for one am far too inquisitive for my own good!

And a big question is, what does the meta world do which a more mundane portrayal couldn't afford? There are so many (somewhat confusing) parallels between Battler and Kinzo, especially in the meta scenes that it must have a clear function other than to simply leave a fantasy vs mystery debate which Ryukishi has very successfully made redundant.

-----------------------------------

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Name Meanings and Origins

Last edited by Uberzaki; 2012-06-10 at 15:01. Reason: typos
Uberzaki is offline   Reply With Quote