View Single Post
Old 2007-07-30, 23:50   Link #8
WolfNightwind

umm I'm assuming everyones seen up to the end of Haru at least. also VERY mild spoiler for Vol 2 of the manga scatlation version (to the point where i don't think you can even call it a spoiler but just to be safe ). but first, a question...

This seems like the most likely thread to ask this question in (if it's already been answered in another one i apologize, i looked, really i did!). the major hang up i've had with the show has been the the cousin thing. now from what i can get Yoshino and Rei are first cousins as are Sachiko and Suguru. is Japan different from the US because i thought you couldn't legally marry your first cousin??? isn't that over the line into incestville? (if I'm wrong i apologize to anyone who did marry their cousin) it's this reason that i don't see Yoshino and Rei as lovers in anyway. i think they're closer then soeurs because they're already family but i don't see anything sexual about them. now Sachiko and Yumi are a different case. we see multiple times from yumi's perspective how just being in physical contact (holding hands, Sachiko wiping her cheek, etc..) with Sachiko causes her heart to race. this may be a spoiler if you haven't seen the scanlated mangas but Yumi even asks herself if all soeurs are like they are, if the grande soeurs make the petite soeurs hearts race. personally i feel Yumi and Sachiko don't just love each other, they're in love with each other, but the question then remains whether or not by the end of the series if they figure this out and act on it (which I'm hoping they do ) or if they assume all soeurs feel this way and deny themselves the chance. really, with MAYBE the exception of Rei and Yoshino who like a said are already family to each other, Sachiko and Yumi seem to be alot more dependent on each other then any of the other soeurs. it'll be interesting to see just how the dynamics change when Yumi takes a petite soeur of her own, whether the author will have Yumi as close to and dependent on the younger girl as she is with Sachiko. to me this will make or break the Yumi/Sachiko romance. if Yumi is as drawn to her petite soeur as she is Sachiko then it can be argued that the whole series is just on sisterly love, if however, her relationship with her younger soeur mirrors more the relationships between Eriko and Rei or Youko and Sachiko then there'll definitely be a strong argument towards them having more then sisterly love there. already if you've seen up to the end of Haru you can see that Sachiko needs Yumi more then Youko. now it'll just be a wait to see of Yumi need Sachiko more then she needs her petite soeur.
wow that was a much longer rant then i planed on. >_<;;;;;

~Bug