View Single Post
Old 2008-09-24, 16:29   Link #935
BluWacky
尻の竜

Triangler just won the Animation Kobe Award for Best Theme Song. The Animation Kobe awards were set up about ten years ago - previous winners of this prize range from Yuzurenai Negai (the classic first OP for Magic Knights Rayearth) to Motteke! Sailor Fuku. The theme song award is unique in that it's voted for by members of the public and then the judges take that into account before deciding the winner - the judge's comments note that not only Triangler but also several other songs from Macross Frontier got a large number of votes, and cite the "eccentric lyrics and ultra high-pitched melody fused with story-telling and Yoko Kanno's magic" as being a positive thing, which I am sure some people in this thread won't agree with!

I love the song to bits, so I'm well chuffed about this even if it's not really a big deal. I like the May'n/Nakajima tracks but I'm a die-hard Maaya fan through and through, bless her.

EDIT: why the certainty that there will be a third OST? Anime CDs don't make much money anyway - I know that the first OST sold well but there's no guarantee that will last to a third CD when the show is long over. Plenty of Kanno shows don't end up with all their music collected on disc (Arjuna springs immediately to mind), and as much as I'd like to be optimistic in the short-term memories of anime fans Frontier will be in the distant past by the time any new soundtrack comes around.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote