View Single Post
Old 2010-04-28, 05:22   Link #9423
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I've actually wondered about this scene for a while. Maria acts like a two-year-old for that scene and for most of early Ep1, yet in every other game, and especially in the flashback in Ep4, she's clearly far, far more mature than her tantrums would indicate.

Oliver's theory that Rosa drugged her probably has some merit.

Rosa has resented Maria ever since she was born, and I doubt she was spoiled much other than Rosa's clumsy attempts to make up for all the suffering she inflicts upon her daughter.

I can't believe you're defending Rosa here. Maria being a brat doesn't excuse Rosa taking her to the edge of a train platform and slapping the shit out of her, or neglecting her to go on trips to Hokkaido with boyfriends, or tearing her daughter's favorite toy in half and loudly declaring it "dead".

No, Rosa has NOT raised her child right. And that's entirely her own fault.

In ep3 Maria has a childish tantrum.

We were never told that Rosa hates Maria. We were told that Rosa used to find Maria's 'uu~" cute. No it doesn't excuse what Rosa does, but Rosa isn't that horrible of a mother, she could easily be way worse. Rosa has anger issues and may be even bipolar. She has a truck load of self hate and many other issues. What she does is terrible to Maria yes, but from other scenes I think we can see that Rosa does love Maria; it is just so jumbled because of all the other problems. Rosa isn't just this horrid person, she is this sad person whose happiness is being ruined by her struggles to control her own issues.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote