View Single Post
Old 2010-07-13, 18:12   Link #13790
chronotrig

Well, I understand why fans want all the couples to be together, but Shkanon makes the game no different from a hundred other manga and anime with love triangles. Yeah, not everyone can be happy, but that's what makes it interesting. I don't see how love triangles can be considered anti-romance.

The romance with Shkanon, unwound, is like this (by my personal theory): Sayo fell in love with Battler, but then gave up on him when he went away. She then decided to move on and fell in love with George. Jessica fell in love with Sayo as Kanon, but Sayo couldn't bring herself to explain the situation, and rejected Jessica without telling her the full truth. Since Jessica and Sayo were best friends, Sayo would always feel guilty about this, yet equally unwilling to reciprocate Jessica's feelings, especially without telling her the truth. Then, Sayo heard that Battler was coming back, and realized that she still felt very strongly about him...but it was too late, since she had already agreed to accept George's engagement ring by then (remember, they had planned to do that in advance). This leads to the conflict within Sayo at the end: choose George or Battler or Jessica. Any choice will mean hurting someone else or herself.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote