Thread: Licensed Sekirei / Jupiterjukers
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-18, 18:13   Link #2000
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Let me put it this way: He's insane, and whatever he's planning is either a bad idea or the Sekirei Plan is not the best way to go about it.
He's flamboyant and childish. It doesn't mean there isn't a method to his madness.

Quote:
Why do I think this? Because we've seen him ranting about it being the start of a new love story despite the certainty that people would get hurt. Because we've seen him raving about it kicking off a new era of the gods (if you'll keep in mind how gods are often portrayed in myth, bad for humans). Because Takami, Miya, and Kagari, all of whom we have more reason to trust than Minaka, have demonstrated that either they wouldn't mind him dying or would personally like to kill him.
Miya and Kagari's beef with him is personal, and may not be ideological. As for Takami - she still works for him and his plan. She seems more annoyed at his behavior than anything.

And even if they do disagree with his ideas - it doesn't mean he doesn't have reasons for doing what he does. More than merely being rich or powerful, he's decided to change the world. How and why? We still don't know.

And hey, it may yet be "Just because". But I doubt it. Though, again, he may not have any tragic backstory. (Why do we need so many tragic backstories? It seems nobody does anything of importance unless their love ones are murdered or something.) Maybe he decided to give the whole human race peace and prosperity because he could. Maybe he decided it was worth the death of few thousand, a few million people. Who knows?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote