View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 10:23   Link #66
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura
Thanks man.

Well, all this is opinion. Is that really something set in stone, then? Show me where you got this impression. Prove that it is something worth following. Who is to say how far you have to follow the canon tale? You do not like part-AU, you keep your eyes from it. Do not try to dissuade others just because you are of the close-minded sort.
Clearly, it is not an AU. It follows the cannon but just inserts scenes where it feels like in order to A) hype up the characters B) use the events to get the reader to a certain point...it's inserting a scene where there wasn't one because they felt like it. I don't call that AU. I call that idiotsy. The world is built there already, you don't just stick something in and change canon and call it your idea. Part of the idea of writing about a pre-built world is that you ADD to the world, not change it.

Close-minded? No...not really...I've read some good fanfiction...then again, that has been like 4 works out of the many thousands up on ffnet in which the authors just try to create the characters into mary sues/gary stus or make their OC become this incredible part of the main characters' story. It's laughable, actually.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote