Thread: Screen freeze
View Single Post
Old 2007-07-10, 06:44   Link #31
pomps
グ~…

My PC had this problem recently too. When I was using Photoshop, with WMP playing a while ago, the computer just turned off, I thought that was a heat problem since I used to leave it on 24/24. So I left it to cool off and then turn it on again, it worked fine for awhile and then freezed, and this was the bigger problem. Even after letting it to cool off, when I turned it on again, it freezed a minute or two after loggin in to Windows XP, even without any application started. I tried System Restore in Safe Mode and it worked again, for 1 day. Tried System Restore again, worked again, but eventually System Restore didn't help anymore. I tried reinstall Windows XP fresh, but after intalling all the driver for the hardwares, it freezes again T_T. I uninstall all the drivers and reinstall again, and figured out after installing the drivers for the mainboard (SM bus something, PCI something...) it freezes. I uninstalled them and the computer worked again, well at least I can work with Photoshop and listen to music, watching videos. But if I play some 3D games, even those with very very low system requirement, the computer restarts after a few minutes. I searched for the latest driver for my mainboard, installed it and the computers didn't freeze right away like before, but now it freeze when playing 3D games, instead of turning off. And now I don't know what to do, my guess is there's hardware problem due to overheating, but I don't know which part.
My computer is a custom built, I built it myseft 3 years ago.
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3500+
Mainboard: Gigabyte with nForce4 chipset (don't remember the exact name for the board)
PCI-e GeForce 6600GT 128MB
1GB RAM
20GB C drive free space at the moment.
The whole case have 5 fans in total, 2 for the power supply, 1 for the case, 1 for CPU and 1 for the graphic card.
pomps is offline   Reply With Quote