Thread: Netflix Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
View Single Post
Old 2007-07-21, 01:20   Link #58
Keruri
Like a falling star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
and a few that probably should not have made it over (like one intrinsically Shinto ghost episode that occurred during a matsuri -- the dub was barely comprehensible because they were trying to localize it and failed).
Episode 20? Feh.... I laughed. I was 6 when the episode first aired in America, and I still laughed at the terrible edits (though I'm biased because I saw the episode in Japanese).

That episode's dub had so many things wrong with it. The (really well) edited "penny" that they forgot to edit the hole out of? The ghost-repelling "stickers"? Editing out kanji in the kimono/taiko drum scenes? I'm just glad they didn't call the kimonos dresses.

A "hey kids, do you know what the gang was eating" segment would've made me die of laughter. I personally think they should've just called the rice balls and left it be, like in later episodes (not counting the few with the terribly pointless edits from onigiri to a sandwich).

Oh Katsu, we've spoken about episode 18 before and its terrible butchering. And we had our laughs about Shigeru and his pink hawaiian shirt. XD
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote