View Single Post
Old 2009-06-28, 17:23   Link #230
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I am amused though, at the hypocrisy of the media through this whole thing. For all the past years that I remember, Jackson was portrayed as a nutjob, a weirdo, a messed up delusional freak, and now that he has died everyone is ignoring what they called him and honoring him as a music legend.

Personally I've always felt sorry for Jackson, pity rather then loathing. I've seen his interviews and particularly some of his personal songs and it's obvious that he suffered terribly from his lack of a proper childhood and abuse. Everything he did in his later years, creating his own "amusement park" just for himself, inviting children, etc, was because of his need to live the childhood he never had. But in the modern world we're so obsessed with two things - homosexuality and pedophelia, so it was inevitable, how he was portrayed, and of course parents jumped at the chance to sue. I certainly think Jackson had issues, but I don't think he was a pedophile. He was practically a child himself.

It's a very sad life story.
Yes the media and a lot of people have probably "flipped" the script when it comes to Jackson with his recent passing. But in America at least, that is how it works. Everyone is quick to judge without knowing all of the facts first.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote