View Single Post
Old 2011-10-30, 08:30   Link #25393
Kylon99

I think the problem that we run into, if they are flesh and blood on the gameboard, is that flesh and blood can die. And once flesh and blood dies, they can't continue to move around and do stuff.

I think ever since we've seen Kanon do stuff after he's been declared dead, we've been trying to get around the red and figure out why he's able to do so.

You know, maybe we can consider Shannon to be flesh and blood, but Kanon to be a persona only, on the gameboard? I know Kanon's been declared dead a lot, but has Shannon been declared dead with as much certainty but she gets back up and starts moving around? I think there were some declarations, but were they as specific as Kanon's?

If they arent, then it could be, yes, on Rokkenjima Prime it's Yasu -> Shkabeatrice. But on the gameboard it could be simplified to Shannon is Kanon, but Shannon is real.

EDIT: Hmmm... it seems to be that the only real red that is a problem from EP1-6 is from Episode 3:
6 people: Kinzo, Genji, Shannon, Kanon, Gohda, and Kumasawa are dead!

Actually, in episode 3, could Shannon already be deader than a doorknob right at the beginning (or soon after, when the red was discussed.) Did they say they clearly saw Kanon or could Kanon not really have been in the chapel? How does this fit in with Will's solution? And if they are both really dead, then it's not Kanon who killed Nanjo and led Jessica out at the end then?

In the other episodes, it's really only Kanon that is declared 'killed' rather than dead with the red, until the point when Shannon is also dead. Episode 6 is the most clear of this where Shannon was explicitly named to be in one room but, 'everyone else' was declared to be in another room. It felt like a convenient dodge by the author even if Meta-Battler said he was okay with naming Kanon in the room. Ultimately, he didn't. 8) This allows Kanon to not exist in the other room.

Anyways, EP3 is a sticking point so... further thinking is required.

Last edited by Kylon99; 2011-10-30 at 08:52.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote