View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 08:33   Link #2104
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
without this limit she can pretty much beat all the other heroines plus Ichika in a straight up fight now.
Anything wrong with that? Laura beats Cecilia and Rin, while Charlotte beats Houki, and they're still friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The fact that she was naturally gifted but was held back by her feelings of resenment/angst is also a bit of an asspull for some.
From where you got that? Though if it's true, it's better than to say "She was held back because she's lazy"

I'm inclined to say she was hold back due to her inexperience with the IS. Why the government put her in the Academy forcefully without providing her with initial training or a personal IS or at least an easy access to training IS is beyond me. Tatenashi said that she's good at teaching, so I don't see any reason Houki can't be better at piloting, because she trained differently by different teacher

Regarding the 'S' rank, just pretend you're watching Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Can't we just say that Ichika is actually very skilled, but just that the fact that his Second Shift Byaku Shiki just sucks too much? I can't see Ichika losing to Houki if he goes all out in a good IS.
I can also say I can't see Houki losing to Ichika, seeing both Akatsubaki and Byaku Shiki consume too much energy in their 1st Shift and 2nd Shift respectively. They were last in the race in vol 6. Besides, Ichika couldn't beat her in kendo training