View Single Post
Old 2008-01-04, 19:12   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just some food for thought: I'm surprised that "deadly traps" are still watered down just because they were made by some children...
The fact the anime executed these scenes ridiculously or not isn't the problem here, but rather how the word "child" is so sticky.
Would you actually make fun of these children stuck in guerilla? They are using same weapons than some adults, but the threat of a kalashnikov is lessened a lot just because of the age of the user?

What is actually dangerous is the weapon itself. The user merely determine how well it can be used that's all.
If we happen to give 10 years more to Satoko, it would be quite funny that much less people would actually rant about "traps owning some military forces" (and you know that would happen).
On a more serious note, children aren't stuck in this image of "game, carefreeness, etc.".

Using this argument to bash this scene is irrelevant. I won't question how badly done it was shown (as MarthX and other people already repeated a lot of times that DEEN screwed a lot the traps looks and some setup), but it is quite going in circle with the same flaw argument as "child are joke, so traps like this can never do that".

[/end of rant + off topic]

I believe this looping discussion should end once for all as it is going in circle over and over, and people obviously won't have a common agreement on wherever "X" was good or right.
Buf if you still insist, please go back in episode 23 thread instead. This thread doesn't have the purpose to discuss "how traps in episode 23 were bad", but overview of the second season. If the second season is summaried by this peculiar scene, I think something is very wrong then.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-01-04 at 19:22.