View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 00:08   Link #5
mtgowns

Animation - 7 - Not particularly impressive, but it does the job just fine.

VA - 9.5. Amazing voice work, every voice has a personality and the delivery is always fitting.

Script/Story - 6.5. I think the anime does a poor job at taking advantage of the setting, which feels all too overdone. The plot is very average, too. The dialogue isn't exceptionally clever and can get a bit dry, but it has a lot of good emotional and comical stretches.

OST - 6. The music fits the theme, but the tracks are very forgettable.

Enjoyment - 8. It's very fun to watch the characters grow as people as they learn to deal with each other and find out what their tipping point is. Lots of laughs to be had, too. The show occasionally feels too self-absorbed, though - it's as if there's almost nothing in the world other than the Neighbors Club.

Emotional Involvement - 5. It's more of a personal preference I suppose, but I can't bring myself to get too involved with the characters. At the end of the day they're just high school kids learning the ropes in a sheltered setting. Not really the kind of crowd that I would stress myself over, but they're still an adorable bunch.

Average: 7.3/10. I don't weight "Emotional Involvement" very highly so I'll just give the show a 7.5/10 which I rounded up as an 8 in the poll.