View Single Post
Old 2009-06-03, 20:17   Link #1633
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Indeed is odd :/ but my calculations aren't wrong... so the only way to make everything get sense is disregard that sentence that states Natsuhi had Jessica after 12 years of marriage. Could this be a mistake? Here's the exact sentence in both english and japanese:

Spoiler for episode 1:
Well it all depends on whether Krauss and Natsuhi tried to have a child since they were married. I imagine that such an assumption would be true, since Krauss is the eldest and to protect his part of the family after Kinzo dies he would need an heir after himself. Natsuhi's delayed pregnancy is also stated as a reason for why Eva kept her surname and place on the hierarchy despite marrying Hideyoshi - because Natsuhi couldn't get pregnant with Krauss's child Kinzo decided to let Eva stay in the family and adopt Hideyoshi as an Ushiromiya, so he could get a grandchild sooner rather than later.

Actually, calculating it from this point of view, because George is 5 years older than Jessica that means Eva probably got married early 1960's, so she could very well be born in the 1940's or late 1930's. I also imagine Rudolf and Eva are close in age, since he got Asumu pregnant with Battler around the same time Natsuhi got pregnant with Jessica - maybe mid-20 or early 30's would be the best estimation for Rudolf's age in 1967.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote