View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 05:52   Link #5659
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
What are you talking about? If Orb was defeated, the AF wouldn't need to manipulate anybody. They would already be in control of the nation.
With the leaders of the nation sacrificing themselves, they want to sent message to the world that they fought the opression of the Federation to the very end (Uzumi even talked about it in those episodes IIRC). If they got captured alive and forced to sign some take-over deals with their names (which the Federation will undoubtedly force them to) it wouldn’t make as strong a message. That's how they fight.

Quote:
It was properly addressed. If you think Orb's ideals is as important as democracy is to the USA, there would be an uprising/civil war going on if those ideals are abandoned. There wasn't, so obviously these ideals weren't that important.

Also, judging by the people when Cagalli and Yuuna were about to get married, they clearly had no big problems with the government.
My memory of Destiny is a bit hazy, so would you be so kind to give me evidence that the show properly addressed people’s opinion by the time ORB signing that deal with the Federation? By “properly addressed” I mean: directly highlighting on people’s opinion about that deal, not reflecting on people’s reaction over a completely different issue like Royal Marriage.

Quote:
I'm not. If survival is important, then that applies to everyone. They're soldiers. They already signed up to fight. Also, the Kusanagi consists of mostly Orb adults.
Once again, my opinion said:
In Archangel’s case, Uzumi most likely didn’t wan’t to involve the foreigners and the kids further due to his personal feelings of "what's right", not by what they said.

In Kusanagi’s case, Uzumi know he’ll lose, thus, instead of leaving the spaceship to be pillaged by Federation or to use it ineffectively in the atmosphere battle, he sent it to space with enough squad to do some more useful things, while at the same time throwing Cagalli, the “heir of ORB” (which was still a kid at that point), inside it to survive to rebuild ORB again someday. That's his hope.

That’s my take on it. If you don’t agree, just say so.

Quote:
In comparison, you're asking Orb to fight the Alliance in Destiny and risking the lives of all its citizens, even civilians, when the AF attacks Orb.
If they could evacuate most of the citizens before the previous battle happened, what would stop them doing the same?

On the other hand, if your nation was to be invaded by another jerk-ass nation, is it so wrong to ask for the resourceful citizens to fight for their beloved country alongside the governments military?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-01-25 at 06:05.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote