View Single Post
Old 2011-10-05, 17:09   Link #22
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
finished watching mayo neko overrun, and it was kinda the thing i was looking for. What disappointed me was that it didn't actually have an end.

Anyways, started watching Mayo chiki, and from the first episode i can say i'm gonna like it.

You have guessed 2 animes i like, i wouldn't be surprised if i'll like the other two. Thanks again for the tips.
You're going to find a lot of series like that, including Zero no Tsukaima. The reason being that past few years, Light Novels are really popular. As result more and more anime are based on those novels. Problem being that those adaptions happens while the novel is still running. They just find a right break in the novel to call it the ending, while leaving possibility for a season 2. Zero no Tsukaima, Mayo Chkiki and Baka Test are all these types. It the same with most manga adaptions well, and it's really the nature of the beast.

Mayo Neko was unfortunate because the series didn't have a clear break point for them to set, while Toradora is one of rare incident that actually times the ending so that both anime and novel ends around the same time.

The World God Only Knows would be a good series for you because it also features a lot of parody on visual novels and ACG world that makes up most of the anime culture.

Based on your liking of Mayoi Chiki and Mayo Neko, you would definitely enjoy Ladies v.s. Butler and others on your plan-to-view list.