Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-01, 13:53   Link #12690
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I don't think it's quite as dramatic as people think. I think that the seal on Moka has a lot in common to the Grand Barrier that the school is in, and that like it, it takes some time to "shut down". Thinking of the colar she has as the control panel and the rosary as the key like the exorcist's Rosary of Judgement, removing Moka's rosary would be like executing the shut down command on the Grand Barrier, and it takes time to fully power down because it's so powerful. So the logical thing may be to power it back up some to restore the seal.
Well it might be as you say GrrDraxin but it's merely speculation, because we still don't know how exactly Moka's seal is working.

And also we have the Wong siblings statement that the seal that Moka has right now is a temporary one, which probably means that it will break some day, no mater how many times they . It's true that the still hasn't broken, but it was implied that if Inner Moka stays as she is now the seal would break completely ( well the implications of Moka's seal breaking have been shown in Hokuto's arc ).

And even if you are right that the only thing required to restore the seal is to power it back up, the question is what effect will it have on Inner and Outer Moka, well truth be told I don't think that we could find the answer on how to solve the seal problem, since we haven't been given the reason why has it gotten unsteady ... the only thing that we know about the seal's condition is

Spoiler for The Wong Siblings explanation:

Apart from that the only things we know about Moka's seal or is connected to it in some way:

1.) It seems that after she got the seal Moka's personality was split into two ( Inner Moka and Outer Moka )

I don't remember it ever being mentioned from where Outer Moka's personality aspects came from but the most common hypothesis is that they where part's of the personality Moka had as a child that where hidden behind a mask that was build from the way she was brought up ( From the few hints we got from Kokoa I think it's safe to assume it was harsh ... Inner Moka's superior attitude also probably has it origins from there ...

Another fact hinted a few times in the manga is that whatever the Rosario did to Moka's "original" personality the personalities that we know aren't completely separated ( they have different levels of awareness of the other personality's actions )

2.) The second fact that we know is after Tsukune enters the plot, here we had this perfectly ordinary average guy ( he isn't such an average guy anymore, right ) who's only special ability is being able to take Moka's rosario off without any repercussions ( this latest development might suggest otherwise but as I mentioned before we don't know what caused the seal to enter this state ) We also saw what are the consequences of Outer Moka removing her seal on her own, it leads to the seal being broken, which also leads to the effect of

3.) Some time after we learn that Inner Moka can communicate with her Outer personality when she is sealed, using the Rosario as a medium, again it hasn't been directly mentioned what caused this "effect" to emerge but the manga suggests that it might be because Moka's seal is weakening.

This "effect" has shown signs of developing further in the manga ... the latest chapter mentions that Inner Moka is able to use this method of communication ( it hasn't been mentioned how many times Inner Moka can use the Rosario as a medium ... the only thing mentioned is that before Inner Moka ... " could talk to Outer Moka once in every two-three days" or something like that.

The explanation given is that Inner Moka is know able to synchronize her mind with her Outer persona ... which could have some long term consequences but nothing more was given in the manga.

4.) The latest piece of information about Moka's seal given is that it's temporary, well so far it hasn't been mentioned if there are another types of seals ( well there is Tsukune's Holy Lock but it is even more mysterious then Moka's Rosario ) anyway it has been implied in the manga that leaving the seal as it is, would ultimately lead to it's destruction

Well and I think that's all that we know about the seal so far ... the rest is merely speculation on our part ... I think that I covered everything that was mentioned so far, but if I forgot about something let me know, okay
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote