View Single Post
Old 2013-09-23, 17:15   Link #41
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatouFTW View Post
For one thing, it would make it impossible for him to have used 3DMG to escape after deshifting.

For another thing... it just doesn't make any sense that he would have the necessary training or mentality at that age for a critical mission. I know, this is anime, where 12 year olds with the power to destroy the world are standard. But AoT seems a little elevated beyond that puerility. OTOH, Eren executed a brutal slaughter of several thugs when he was only eight(?), but does that mean he could have coped with turning into a titan...?

I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be an 11 year old Reiner, let's just say that.
I wouldn't say it's that much of a stretch for someone that age to carry out a mission honestly, Annie from the flashback in episode 23 seemed like she had been trained from a really young age. As for not being able to escape, someone else could have carried him out, probably whoever was in charge of the mission. Armored Titan could be anyone, and while I'm not convinced Reiner is him I'm also not so sure he isn't that I would rule him out just yet.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote