View Single Post
Old 2011-02-12, 09:32   Link #100
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
There is one fatal flaw with the whole time manipulation thing if you want to get in super detail like that.

Friction

If one object moves against other objects that are not able to move, you generate friction.

If Homura can stop time, she is effectively making every single molecule around her stop. Simply moving is impossible without instant death because the seer friction it would cause would kill her.

In comparison, The Flash, has a special aura around him that protects him from this effect. Because he moves so fast against everything else that if he didn't have that aura he would die from friction it causes.

Time Manipulation can only really be considered as such if you can move time back or forward, not just slow things down or stop them.

If your just making so you can move faster than everything around you, how is that not different then just being able to move faster than everything around you?

Time Manipulation does not explain at all how she avoided the munch attacks because she didn't simply appear at another location, but was falling down from up high onto another platform. How did she jump that high? Or why did she jump that high if she can simply manipulate time? It doesn't stack.

With speed you would have superior leg power and jump so fast that it looks like you vanish.

What time bombs? That was just Homura using her magic, her name is HOMURA which is related to fire, it has nothing to do with her ability.

Where did she even say her wish was time related? Plus QB has stated she is an irregular, we do not even know if she had made a wish for sure or the conditions she was in to be a MG
Nono, I'm not trying to get into "superdetail". The things I listed are the things we explicitly saw in the respective episodes (hence why I posted the episode counts). I'm not talking about the micro stuff such as friction and molecules, I suck at those subjects anyway. Adding to RedWing's above post, the law of physics don't need to apply down to molecular systems. See Madoka getting torn apart in episode 4, and in the same scenario the fact that Madoka falls down tens of meters without breaking a leg.

Sorry, I'm not too fond of The Flash or how the DC universe itself works for that matter.

If I went with your "time manipulation can only be considered as such", it can still be applied saying that things are so slow it seems like they don't move.

Certainly speed and time stop/slow-down share common utilizations but there >are< notable differences which I think you can take out of the things I listed.

It doesn't matter if she simply appeared on another platform or not. However, from the first time she evaded Charlotte, we can see that Homura did not stand straight. Why is that? Because the very moment she landed on the platform, time began to run again. Her body was folded up, that's a natural body reflex when you fall down a longer way. It's not an argument against speed, but against teleportation in this case as she would stand with the same position or at least stand straight if she simply teleported to another location.

As for why she could jump high. Well, MGs have superior general physical abilities. They just can. Besides, how high is "that high"? We didn't see the peak of Homura's jump so we don't even know she jumped "that high".

Alright, speed can explain that she jumps so fast (which also means she jumps rather high) you don't see her anymore. What about the downfall? Do you say that after she reached the peak and started to fall down, she used speed in mid-air to quickly land on the platform? I don't see how you can make it so you fall faster.

The time bombs >are< part of her magic, yes. I'm not a JP pro so I wouldn't know what Homura means but "nothing to do with her ability" sounds weird. You say it's part of her fire-related magic, then you say it's not part of her ability. But her ability is fueled with magic, too. So I'm not saying there >is< a direct connection between the time bombs and time manipulation, but there >can be<.

Homura never said her wish was time-related. But you're not gonna tell me she can fortune-tell the fact that: she knows the school before Madoka could even guide her. She knows Madoka, Sayaka, Kyouko and Kyubei but not vice versa. She knows about the Walpurgis Night which is to come in 2 weeks. Et cetera, I only said they could all be possible hints that her wish was to change time. Whether it be go back to a certain time, reverse the time for a certain amount or receive the power to manipulate time and so on.