View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 17:37   Link #15
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I still think we're seeing two slightly different scenarios here.

The rope wouldn't be brought about. She needs to rappel down from the second story, leave the rope tied, and return to it later to climb back up to the second story.

And I am aware of how trapdoors work. The trapdoor would only be used if Kounosu needed to get from Kaitou's room to the room where the rope was waiting for her without being spotted.
I understood that part - the problem here is that we only have a short gap between the discovery and the actual crime Plus look at the floor plan again - the window is not in Kounosu's room but in a corridor - and using her own window was already ruled out by Oreki.
Don't misunderstand, I can't rule your theory out atm, I can only say that it would defeat the purpose of the rope and her choosing the room aboove his in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I don't think that the cameraman can be considered a serious possibility. Besides violating the rules of mysteries, he also faces the same problem of his movements being seen by the other characters, and pulling off a sealed room situation. It's not a resolution at all.

Regarding keys: If keys are important and not a red herring, then it's possible that the killer had the key to the room. There were six loose keys and a ring of four master keys after all, maybe one of the loose ones was a master key. However, considering how they were distributed, having both the killer and Kaitou grab the correct keys would be too dependent on luck.
Master key is a bad term for this special key. master keyring would be better as there as the number of keys on it should fit the number of keys distributed. - So only all the keys togerther make it a master key. And yeah, I know thats not what a master key is supposed to, this is how its depicted here though. We also don't know if master key really is the 100% correct translation of what she said.

We should think a bit outside of the box though, namely if there is a way to lock the door from outside. using the rope.

Edit:
I do in the meantime know for sure that, thee thing neext to the save is not a trap door, justsomeguy pointed out that there is a hole in the wall right above that door - so it just fell off from there.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.