View Single Post
Old 2009-07-09, 09:59   Link #129
Aminado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
I thought the anime adaptation has been quite good so far. Personally, I felt that Episode I was quite a throw-away compared to the other three question Episodes. To people who haven't been spoiled by the blood + gore of that last scene, I think it would have been a huge shock, as at this very early point, already a third of the people on the island are dead (or missing).

About the information presented (or the lack of), I felt that Studio DEEN has done a good thing. For instance, the relationships between the different characters aren't that important in Episode I, but we learn quite a lot. The problem I've had about the similarities between the different Episodes is that they emphasize some connections between characters over and over, albeit in a different way or context. That Kyrie's (or Rudolf's) relationship to Battler hasn't been completely disclosed indicates that they will (must!) do that at some point, either at the beginning of the next episode, or maybe later, as long as it is introduced before it is important.

The one (two) quibble I had with the episode is Eva's and Natsuhi's timings. Natsuhi is supposed to be absent when the servants come back after having seen the (transmutation) circle. Eva is supposed to head to the shed first, and then Natsuhi, along with Nanjo and the kids, is supposed to head out after Genji comes back to notify Nanjo. In the anime, however, Natsuhi travels out first, with Eva arriving a bit later. Its almost like they're trying to hint at Eva being the (a) culprit for this Episode, but nothing is certain, whether it be in the VN or the anime.

Overall I thought this episode was very good. It felt slightly rushed, although it has to be, if this series is going to cover Episodes I-IV. Episode I is basically the introduction of the entire series, and I think they're doing a good job of that. After this Episode, I believe Studio DEEN will (must!) be much more detailed with explanations, and slow down the pace (especially Episode IV!).

Maria is my second favorite character. A*** is my first. =P
I'm expecting that most of the changes are merely cosmetic or very minor, when you consider that a few key changes could completely alter the course of the story as well as suspicions, alibis etc. Even a change in character timing, appearance or action could drastically alter the story.